Thursday 27 August 2015

Pregnancy 2.0: the Second Trimester

The beginning of the second trimester for me, meant bye-bye exhaustion, hello teeniest of bumps!

Ready to work out... no photo is complete without a Maui photobomb

I think a lot of women enjoy their second trimester the most cos generally the nausea and exhaustion is gone by this stage and you're not uncomfortably huge yet. Also, you get to feel the baby's movements for the first time (closer to 20 week mark). Not to mention, you finally get to announce to every Tom, Dick and Harry that you're expecting! 

AND if you're finding out the gender at the anatomy scan, you can start buying more gender-specific stuff... I dunno, there's just so much to be excited about in this trimester!! 

I continued to go to dance fitness once a week and the only weird craving I had was for fresh sandwiches; lots of mesclun, tomatoes, onions, carrots, cucumbers, gherkins... so weird for such a junk-foodie like me! But I'm sure the baby appreciated it :) (Especially after pretty much only demo-ing sugar and carbs in the first trimester...)


Omnomnom!

The only major differences I've had in this pregnancy is back pain during my first trimester (none last time), very minimal acne this time (vs craters on my face, chest and back last time, esp once I hit half way), cramping in my feet and calves on the odd occasion (none at all last time) and no swelling this time (I had swollen ankles one evening last time lol). 

I grew a lot faster than I did last time but I still have a small bump overall - I think baby likes to be right up in my ribs. It makes sitting for more than 20 minutes at a time very uncomfortable - often at the end of the day, I can't stand to be sitting up at all and need to be lying down on the couch and I try to lengthen my body as much as humanly possible!

At our 20 week scan we found out we were having another boy! Yep, I was disappointed initially cos we want to stop at 2, but since then I've done a complete 180 and now I can't imagine how disappointed I'd be if I gave birth and a girl popped out lmao. Hormones man.

Now the bump progression!


Still not much at 17 weeks

18 weeks - the little plastic doll is apparently how long the baby is at this stage, almost 14cm :)


19 weeks


20 weeks - half way!


22 weeks


Front on, you can't really make out the 22 week bump!

23 weeks

24 weeks

26 weeks

Next up is the final trimester... we are so close to the end now I can feel it! (Or is just the beginning?? ;P )

No comments:

Post a Comment